Your management checklist
Written by Paula Chaplin
How you track your business is dependent on how your systems are set up, what your processes are, and how you structure your roles and responsibilities. Even with these being unique to each of our customers, there are still basic checks you could be working with to help manage your business better.
I’ve put together a checklist of some our most popular management areas and the reports we recommend you use to help manage those areas.
To review internal staff workloads
- Which consultants are creating bookings – Consultant report and Financial Analysis reports
- Which consultants are converting bookings – Consultant report and Audit report
To check for fraud / irregularities
- Agent name change – Reservation Audit Trail and Audit report
- Reservation name change – Reservation Audit Trail and Audit report
- Reservation date change – Reservation Audit Trail and Audit report
- Voided payments – Payments received reports
- Cancelled close to, or after, travel – Financial Analysis reports
- Bookings travelling unpaid / part paid – Financial Analysis reports
- What’s outstanding? Payments Due report
- What Credits / Refunds are being issued? Payments received reports
- What Invoices have been voided? Folio / Invoice report
- Checking that reservations are paid before travel – Payments Due report
- Writing off underpayments – Folio / Invoice report
- What do your debtors owe? Payments Due and Debtors reports
- Are your Provisional Bookings being managed? Provisional Expiry report
- Check on Overbookings – Overbooking report and Occupancy calendar
- Check on bookings with Overrides – Financial Analysis reports
- Check Waitlisted bookings – Standard and Financial Analysis reports (or Requests Received and Component reports)
- Cancellations – check cancelled date, vs confirmed date and charges – Financial Analysis report
- What activity should the lodge prepare for? Operations Chart and Arrivals / Departures reports
- Who arrived / stayed longer / didn’t arrive? Rooming Discrepancy report
- What transactions happened at the lodge? Sales Analysis / Sales by Folio / Sales by Reservation reports
Tips for when running reports:
- Check Report Profiles reflect correct / current Rate Types and Accommodation Types. This should be done every time Rate Types or Properties / Accommodation Types are added to the system.
- Deactivate Extras no longer in use.
- Move Users into “No Longer Here” User Group as soon as they leave the Company. (You should not delete Users).
Tracking your business using reports can help you see trends, spot inconsistencies, measure performance and predict upcoming events. This analysis can help you plan changes to your resources, pricing and sales strategies in order to secure and grow your business.
For more help on profiling reports, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You might like this related article: See your business clearly.